SOCIALDEVIANT is a full-service content marketing agency based in Chicago’s West Loop, and launched in February 2012 by former MRM Worldwide CEO Marc Landsberg. SOCIALDEVIANT is focused on building successful brands in today’s socially connected world and, at the same time, determined to become the world’s kindest company.
At SOCIALDEVIANT, we’re obsessed with helping our clients grow their brands faster with bigger impact, by creating magnetic brands: passion brands that attract the right audiences. It requires collaboration among insights and data, strategy and creative. That’s why we look for talent who love to both think AND do.
We are looking for full-time DEVIANTs to help us build this incredible company and work with some of the world’s most fascinating brands. We offer incredible benefits, a fantastic work location and space, forward-thinking work philosophies and a chance to make a huge difference.
Are you a DEVIANT? Let’s find out.
Overall Role Description:
Reporting to a Team Business & Account Lead, the Content Planner is a strategist who has not only mastered the daily requirements and needs of community management and daily engagement, but can also drive overarching strategy work related to content development. This role is expected to operate effectively and efficiently with little to no direction on existing projects, as well as new business, and plays a significant role in thought leadership.
This role delivers effective content planning solutions that are aligned with client goals and with the company vision.
- Create, develop and implement narratives of the content strategy.
- Continuously evolve and elevate relevant content concepts and activate the team towards these goals.
- Develop Content Planning frameworks that align business goals with content metrics.
- Ensure the final completion of distribution approaches.
- Lead content opportunity identification, including proactive outreach, content partnerships, paid, etc.
- Lead editorial brainstorms and other internal regroups to optimally define approaches to content.
Manage final content calendars, ensuring that copy and assets are aligned with strategic direction and optimally drive campaign goals.
Apply deep understanding of Content Planning to client objectives and project goals, including community management, social conversation and key content trends.
Drive and continue to build on the suite of offerings within and across Content Planning.
Play a role in the scoping of strategic projects, as needed.
Produce and present competitive reports and reviews, as required.
Proactively participate and help drive thought leadership and best practices.
Effectively interact with clients/partners and participate in external meetings and presentations, as appropriate.
Participate in proposals, pitches and other new business development activity, as appropriate and required.
Keep current on social media trends, developments and opportunities on an ongoing basis, sharing knowledge and new ideas, as appropriate.
- Experience working for a Digital Marketing or Social Media agency in a Content Planning role.
- Ability to build and deliver comprehensive Content Plan strategies across a variety of client engagements and an array of complex problems.
- Ability to effectively manage time and resources in an ever-changing and extremely fast-paced environment.
- Proven understanding of progressive content concepts and domains across multiple media.
- Proven account management/project management skills.
- Thorough understanding of social and digital content systems
- Strong collaboration skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and mastery of content calendar and approval flows.
- Proven skills managing client interactions (clients across a variety of industries and sizes)
- Experience and/or interest in mentoring more junior colleagues.
- Ability and willingness to be a strategic thinker and leader but at the same time a “doer” and idea generator.
- A clear passion for social media and a personal connection to it (geeky over social tech, mobile, emerging media and digital trends).
- Ability to always be in “idea mode,” bringing progressive and creative concepts and insights to team brainstorms and projects.
- Excellent presentation, public speaking, interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Above all, kindness, composure, and relentless curiosity.
are you INTERESTED?
Here's how to apply.
This position is based in Chicago. Please email email@example.com with your résumé / CV, and Content Planner 2018 in the subject line. In the body of your email, please let us know why you're interested in the role, and what makes you a good fit. Thank you for your interest and for helping us spread the word!