Business & Account Lead
SOCIALDEVIANT is looking for a Senior Marketing and Advertising professional to fill the role of Business and Account Lead. Reporting directly to the President, this role is critical as the business continues to enjoy incredibly fast growth and will help to scale our ambitious, infinitely kind and limitlessly composed team of DEVIANTs.
This role is responsible for leading and managing the work of a client team or teams with regard to overall business and brand strategy. This role acts as the main overall contact with the client(s) and strives to ensure all final deliverables are on brand, on strategy, on time, on budget and exceed client expectations. This role also contributes to thought leadership, especially with regard to client and industry knowledge and developments. This role works closely with Leads across the business to ensure results are delivered, and aligned with client goals and company vision.
Are you a DEVIANT? Let’s find out.
- Ensure the development, articulation, communication and understanding of the client(s) business and advertising strategy, including an integrated POV across client objectives.
- Create/develop and implement an overall plan and overarching timeline for all projects that is holistic and cohesive.
- Working with Leads, effectively resource the team for projects and deliverables.
- Activate the team towards the plan and timeline.
- Ensure the development of strategic frameworks across deliverables that come to life.
- Apply deep understanding of client, the industry and competitive landscape to project goals and deliverables.
- Manage billable hours and allocations of the client team.
- Ensure team activity and deliverables are aligned with Statements of Work (SOW’s).
- Effectively manage client P&L’s and Account Plans.
- Implement optimal cadence for regular check-ins with the client team, reviewing deliverables, as appropriate, and prior to final approval or client submission.
- Effectively lead the client team to include continuous feedback and ongoing communication and input from client to team members, as appropriate.
- Proactively lead thought leadership and best practices, ensuring client team members are held accountable.
- Proactively manage client relationships. Ensure team members are effectively in communication with client counterparts, as aligned to contact structure.
- Participate in client interactions and meetings, as appropriate. Communicate
- important and relevant client feedback and information to client teams, as needed.
- Attend and actively participate in brainstorm and ideation sessions to push innovative thinking and opportunity exploration.
- Ensure client reporting and status updates are delivered with high quality, relevance and on time.
- Collaborate effectively with team members to ensure overall scope and goal alignment and adherence to overall company vision.
- Grow client relationships, striving to continuously add future value as a key partner.
- Participate in proposals, pitches and other new business development activity, as appropriate and required.
Keep current on social media trends, developments and opportunities on an ongoing basis, sharing knowledge and new ideas, as appropriate.
- Experience working for a Digital Marketing or Social Media agency in a leadership role, managing client teams
Proven strategic vision and implementation of client work
Ability to build and deliver comprehensive client strategies across various industries and manage an array of complex problems
Excellent people management skills and instincts
Ability to effectively allocate and manage time and resources in an ever-changing and extremely fast-paced environment and across a variety of disciplines
Proven understanding of strategic agency concepts across multiple media and functional skill sets
Strong collaboration skills
Proven skills managing client interactions (clients across a variety of industries and sizes)
Understanding of profit and loss and an ability to manage expenses related to client SOW’s and projects
Proven ability to mentor and provide ongoing feedback to assigned teams
Ability and willingness to be a strategic thinker and leader but at the same time a “doer” and idea generator
Capacity to continuously resource for scale and allocate resources for continuous growth
A clear passion for social media and a personal connection to it (geeky over social tech, mobile, emerging media and digital trends)
Ability to always be in “idea mode,” bringing mind-blowing concepts and insights to team brainstorms and projects
Excellent presentation, public speaking, interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
Above all, kindness, composure, and relentless curiosity
are you INTERESTED?
Here's how to apply.
This position is based in Chicago. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your résumé / CV, and Business and Account Lead 2018 in the subject line. In the body of your email, please let us know why you're interested in the role, and what makes you a good fit. Thank you for your interest and for helping us spread the word!