ASSOCIATE CREATIVE DIRECTOR
SOCIALDEVIANT is looking for an Associate Creative Director (Art Director) to join our creative team. Reporting to the Executive Creative Director, this role is critical as the business continues to enjoy incredibly fast growth and will help scale our ambitious, infinitely kind and limitlessly composed team of DEVIANTs.
At SOCIALDEVIANT, we’re obsessed with helping our clients grow their brands faster with bigger impact, by creating magnetic brands: passion brands that attract the right audiences. It requires collaboration among insights and data, strategy and creative. That’s why we look for creative talent who love to both think AND do — to think strategically, and make big conceptual work, every day. Our team is a hybrid breed of concept to execution, making all-channel campaigns and content, while helping us lead the creative vision for a multitude of magnetic brands.
This role is responsible for leading and managing the work of a client team or teams, ensuring all final creative deliverables are on brand, on strategy, on time, on budget and exceed client expectations, with an emphasis on art direction, design and concepting across all deliverables. This role also contributes to thought leadership, especially with regard to creative and digital knowledge, trends and developments.
- Own the creative vision and flawless execution of a brand’s creative work, across multiple teams and multiple disciplines
- Partner closely with the Business & Account Lead to define specific client and / or project needs, as related to creative work
- Lead brainstorm and ideation sessions to push innovative thinking and opportunity exploration
- Produce creative work: a special emphasis on art direction and concepting for video, ad campaigns, social media content, DEVIANT publications and presentations, and more
- Effectively resource the creative team for each project, working closely with the Producer
- Effectively activate the team towards the plan and timeline
- Manage billable hours and allocations of the creative team
- Ensure team activity and deliverables are aligned with Statements of Work (SOW’s) and alignment with brand standard
- Collaborate effectively with the Business & Account Leads to ensure overall scope and goal alignment and adherence to overall company vision
- Apply deep understanding of client, the industry and competitive landscape to project goals and deliverables
- Partner with the Business & Account Lead to implement optimal cadence for regular check-ins with the client team, reviewing deliverables, as appropriate, and prior to final approval or client submission
- Lead and participate in client interactions and meetings
- Help grow client relationships and identify creative opportunities, striving to continuously add future value as a key partner
Thought Leadership & Expansion
- Help lead and participate in proposals, pitches and other new business development activities
- Keep current on design and digital trends, developments and opportunities on an ongoing basis, sharing knowledge and new ideas
- Experience working in the Advertising, Digital Marketing and/or Social Media space
- Ability to build and deliver effective concepts and creative across various industries and manage an array of complex problems
- Proven knowledge / expertise with Art Direction and Graphic Design skills across various media; additional skills in Motion Design, Photography, UX/UI are preferable
- Excellent people management skills and instincts
- Ability to effectively allocate and manage time and resources in an ever-changing and extremely fast-paced environment and across a variety of disciplines
- Strong collaboration skills
- Proven skills managing client interactions (clients across a variety of industries and sizes)
- Proven ability to mentor and provide ongoing feedback to assigned teams
- Ability and willingness to be a strategic thinker and leader but at the same time a “doer” and idea generator
- Capacity to continuously resource for scale and allocate resources for continuous growth
- A clear passion for social media and a personal connection to it (geeky over social tech, mobile, emerging media and digital trends)
- Ability to always be in “idea mode,” bringing mind-blowing concepts and insights to team brainstorms and projects
- Excellent presentation, public speaking, interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Above all, kindness, composure, and relentless curiosity
are you INTERESTED?
Here's how to apply.
This position is based in Chicago. Please email email@example.com with your résumé / CV and portfolio link, and ACD Art Director 2018 in the subject line. In the body of your email, please let us know why you're interested in the role, and what makes you a good fit. Thank you for your interest and for helping us spread the word!